Recipe from Jeannie Tay.
300g mixed fruits of your choice – soaked these overnight in 3 tablespoons of rum/other alcohol (I used barcadi)
230g plain flour
60g self raising flour
230g salted butter
100g light brown sugar
70g castor sugar
1 tbsp fruit jam (i used blueberries jam)
2 tsps vanilla extract
Zest from one orange/lemon
*Preheat oven at 160C
- Prepare a 7″ square tin by lining the bottom. Prepare an 8″ square tin and insert in aluminum foils in between the 2 tins. This is to minimize the crack on the cake.
- Cream butter and sugars till light and creamy, add in jam and vanilla extract.
- Add in the eggs gradually.
- Add in flour and fruit mixture alternatively.
- Transfer the mixture into the prepared 7″inch square tin. Put the baking tin into the 8″ square and insert aluminium foil between the two tin.
- Bake the cake at 160C for 1 hour or more depending on your oven until cooked. Removed and allow to cool on rack.