But I just feel that I should not give up, so I googled and youtubed and finally decided to give it another try, and TADA!!!
Recipes adapted from Jeannie's blog. I modified by replacing the butterscotch with chopped walnuts and chocolate chips, also reducing the amount of banana used. I used 180C instead as the temperature and baked for 20min.
2 ripe bananas
125ml oil (I used canola oil)
250g plain flour - sieved
100g caster sugar
1/2 tsp bicarbonate soda
1tsp baking powder
100g walnuts - chopped into small uneven pieces
100g chocolate chips (i used the mini-sized version)
- Preheat oven to 180C and line a 12pieces muffin tin with muffin liners.
- Mashed bananas with a fork. Set aside.
- Beat the oil with eggs, until it is thoroughly combined.
- In another mixing bowl, put flour, sugar, bicarbinate soda & baking powder together. Mixed well with hand whisk/spatula, then beat in the wet mixture, follow by the mashed bananas.
- Fold in the walnuts & chocolate chips.
- Fill each muffin liner with the batter. Each liner should be 3/4 filled.
- Send to bake for 20min.