Search This Blog

Wednesday 1 July 2015

Wholemeal Bread Loaf

So I thought I must first, at least get the basic right.  So here I'm, making my first bread loaf, the healthy version with no preservatives! :)

I used the recipe that comes with my BM.  Taste...normal :P  I'll be venturing into other variates/recipes soon~

This yields a 1kg loaf.



Ingredients
*All ingredients should be of room temperature
380ml water
1.5 tbsp vegetable oil (I used canola oil)
500g bread flour - sieved
100g wholemeal flour - do not sieve
2tbsp milk powder - you can use nescafe creamer if you do not have any milk powder
1.5 tsp salt
4tsp sugar
1.5 tsp yeast

Method

  1. Add water and oil to the bread tin.
  2. Add both types of flour to the tin.
  3. Add milk powder, salt and sugar.
  4. Make a well in the centre, be sure that the water below is not exposed, and add the yeast in it.
  5. Transfer the tin back to the BM, set to menu 1 (basic), 1 kg, medium crust.
  6. The whole process includes mixing, kneading, proofing & baking takes about 3h 50min.
  7. Once baked, remove bread from tin to cool.




Voilà!  My sandwich with home-made bread!  Yums!!




No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.