Recipe adapted from Enne Ty.
*8” round baking tin
250g butter (I used salted)
170g caster sugar
5 small eggs
1tsp vanilla extract
150g plain flour – sieved
50g cocoa powder – sieved
1tsp baking powder
5tbsp fresh milk
250g cream cheese
1tbsp plain flour - sieved
60g castor sugar
- Preheat oven to 160C.
- Grease the sides & bottom, and line bottom of baking tin.
- From (A) - sieved plain flour, cocoa powder & baking powder. Set aside.
- Whisk all ingredients from (B) until fluffy. Set aside.
- From (A) - cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy.
- Add in eggs, one by one, until well combined.
- Add in vanilla extract & milk, mix until well combined.
- Fold in sieved flours.
- Transfer ½ of the butter mixture to baking tin. Tap lightly on counter to level the batter.
- Then spoon in cheese mixture. Using the back of the spoon to lightly level the mixture.
- Then spoon in the balance butter mixture. Using the back of the spoon to lightly level the mixture.
- Send to bake for 65min, or until the skewer comes out clean (when performing skewer test)
- Once baked, remove baking tin from oven to cool upright on cooling rack. After 5min, invert to remove baking tin & baking sheets, then leave the cake to cook completely.
Original recipe shared by Enne.
All ready to send to the oven!
Cross-section of the cake :)
And I thought these looks gorgeous!