*I used my measuring cup to weight out the ingredients. 200ml/cc is equivalent to 1 cup.
1 1/2 cup plain flour - sieved
3/4 cup castor sugar
1 tbsp castor sugar - for dusting
1/2 tsp salt
2 tsp baking powder
1/3 cup canola oil
1/3 to 1/2 cup milk
1 tsp vanilla extract
6-7 strawberries - cut into smaller pieces
1. Prep muffins tray with 12 cases.
2. Preheat oven to 180C.
3. After cutting the strawberries into smaller pieces, tap them dry with kitchen towel and coat them with 1 tbsp flour. Sieve it with a siever to remove access flour. Set aside.
4. In a mixing bowl, add in flour, sugar, baking powder and salt. Mix well.
5. In the measuring cup, add in oil, then the egg. Top up with milk to the 1 cup line. Add in vanilla extract and mix until well combined.
6. Pour in the wet mixture to the flour mixture, mix with a fork until well combined. *Note: batter will be thick.
7. Add in strawberries and mix well.
8. Fill up the muffin cases till 80% full, sprinkle each muffin with some sugar (for that extra sweet crunchy top!).
9. Send to bake for 20min. And viola!
Cut the strawberries into smaller pieces.
Tap dry with kitchen towel.
Coat them with 1tbsp flour.
Sieve away the access flour.
Final consistency of the batter.
Fill about 80% full in muffin cases.
Freshly out from oven!
Topped with some cute toppers :)
All packed for pick-up :)
I have some extra batter, so made 2 blueberries ones for my daughter :)
For my girl to share with her friend :)